I HEART Rock Climbing!!!

So I have wanted to start rock climbing for FOREVER. It is the main reason that I went to Utah for undergraduate. However things always got in the way: money, trips, essays, tests, life, etc.
BUT last night at the gym that I joined because it has a rock climbing wall, I took the beginners class, which is required to do any climbing. So after 9 months of being a member of this gym I finally did the main thing I signed up for. Let me explain why it took me so long. I work two jobs and the gym only has the class on Tuesdays at 7:30. I don't finish teaching the literacy class until 9 pm. So alas, I was always kept from my date with the wall.
However, do not fret, I will be making up for lost time. I am going back tonight to do some bouldering, which I LOVE!! I have been bouldering on my own for years (don't tell my mom) whenever I go camping or just see a wall that needs climbing. There are many photos of me after I have left a group and started climbing a wall. (Bryce Canyon, Budapest, Bucharest, Timisoara, Cluj, Istanbul, London, Capadokia, to name a few). This inability to control my desire to climb has kept me from visiting Jerusalem....
My good friend Sokphal came along with me. The instructor told us that we were the best in the class and recommended that we go ahead and take the intermediate class. (Had to brag) He kept complimenting us throughout the night. (had to brag again) He wanted us to stick around and start learning routes on the wall, but I had to skeedaddle as I had loads of paperwork to catch up on, including the treaded TAXES! Yikes - only 12 days left!
See you at the Wall!

2 Comments:
Hello Devin. I just happened upon your web site today while I was googling old friends. This is Rachel Myers. Remember me...and Becky and David fron NJ? Your blog page looks great and your cause seems amazing. Glad to know you are doing well! I hope you reach your goal.
Best wishes,
Rachel.
Rachel! how are you? How do I contact you? My reg email is dsilverenator@gmail.com
Post a Comment
<< Home