NYC 5 Boro Bike Ride this weekend!!!
OH NO!! The 5 Boro Bike Ride/Race is this weekend! I am so NOT prepared! I still don't have extra tubes and I haven't been riding my bike this week because I had to leave it out in Vienna at my friends house!
I am sure it will still be fun, I just don't want to get halfway through and have to stop because of being tired or having a flat. Inshallah, I will have time to grab some tubes before the race on Sunday.
IF any of you are in NYC and would like to see the race, you are more than welcome to come cheer me and my friends, Ashley and Sokphal, (we did the Cambodia race together) as we go through your boro. You can look at the race map below or go to http://www.bikenewyork.org/rides/fbbt/route_map.html
Alternatively, you can come find us at the finish line in Staten Island, where i have never been before. I'm excited to step foot on the island that was once part of NJ and STOLEN by NYC. I do believe this is what started the feud between New Yorkers and Jersey folk. Later tonight I will post a blog about my new bike - Leon.
Drop me a line or give me a call if you want to come cheer us on! Or you can just make some signs and yell til you see us pass. (gohafsi@yahoo.com)
See you in NYC!!

2 Comments:
I hope you had fun on Staten Island. I was born there. We only lived there a couple of months after I was born so I don't remember it well as a child but I have gone back since. Taking the free Staten Island ferry is one of the best ways to see the Statue of Liberty.
-Alisa
Well said.
Post a Comment
<< Home