Tuesday, June 12, 2007

So much has been happening...yet it feels like nothing too


Apparently a student stole my camera....


I apologize at the beginning for this blog being all over the place. Just trying to get some things down between grading papers and doing paperwork.


So lately I've been super busy with the two jobs. But then last week I had the whole week off from working at the World Bank. The break was much needed and I was finally able to get back on schedule with going to the gym, riding my bike on the trails around DC, and just relaxing at cafes and lounges.


Then I went back to work this week and have been super busy again. This week is the last week of my night job - Teaching Literacy. I'll be glad to have all the time at night, but it will be strange not to see my students. After 6 months of seeing each other every night, you sure do grow attached to each other.


Two weekends ago, my friend Amanda came down from NYC and we planned to ride our bikes out to the beach, but then decided to just have a relaxing weekend. We biked out to Great Falls (30 miles) and then went and got massages, ate at some nice restaurants, went swimming, and lounged around at the pool and played out in the rain.


I have posted some recent pics below of our picnic, I will have to post other pics later.










Half of the students - 30+ adult students = maheim for group photo






My and fellow teacher, Jason's classes. This park is amazing. It's Meridian Hill/Malcolm X Park. The fountain is really spectacular.











Top and Bottom Left: Everywhere I have taught I have been told that my students end up acting a lot like me. I don't know what they are talking about...

Below Right: These two students have been together for over 16 years. They are great... but not just because they have been together for so long.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home