Monday, October 30, 2006

Siem Reip / Angkor Wat



It is hotter than ever! It has been over 35 degrees Celsius (100 degrees plus Farrenheit)Plus the humidity is easily 90%! Quite the contrast from DC's weather when I left!!

Angor Wat was amazing. We rode over 50 kilometers which is about 30 miles. It was nice and easy and a great way to ease into the biking challenge. I have been trying to upload the photos but unfortunately this website is not giving me the option. Not sure why. Hopefully, I will be able to add photos tomorrow.



Today we saw Angkor Thom, Angkor Wat and Bessan (Spelling?). The stone carvings were extremely well done and had such intricate details. Each temple was still being used by the monks, so you could hear chanting as you walked around.

Also, the food has been very delicious and also refreshing. Tomorrow we will be taking a ferry over the major lake for three and half hours and then biking 96 km (70-ish miles). It will be our second hardest day of the entire challenge.

Good night!

2 Comments:

At 6:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

good luck

christian

ps: great power-bar

 
At 1:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rip that power bar apart!!! How's it going out there? I look forward to hearing more about how you're doing in Cambodia. Good Luck and do well!

Rich

 

Post a Comment

<< Home